Saturday, October 14, 2006

To my lovely sister Sara....

Well, I guess it would be nice if I would blogg more,
even while working at the Franklin Covey store.
I might have a smidgen of time,
to undo this horrible crime,
of my lack of writing to loved ones,
To share a few thoughts before my mind runs,
To my 1 millionth thought of everything under the sun.

They say that girls like guys with "skills",
Not crazy men who want nothing but thrills,
So I won't fight anymore beasts or midnight creatures,
And no more guns and weapons with extra "special" features.
I will ride a white horse and wear shiny armor,
All my skills will be used to charm "her"
Yes, the lady fair,
Of whom I deeply care.

On a similar note, to the unjust,
Run and hide if you must,
Because Helaman's Army still rides,
To battle, defend, and change the tides,
And Right will conquer wrong,
with all the glorious song,
With Faith, Hope, and Charity
That has been our motto a along.

Well, now that my weird poem experience is done, I just thought I would mention that I think I just saw a 'big rig' stroller. A couple just walked by the store, and the stroller had 16 wheels!!!! I raised my arm and pulled the imaginary horn, but no sound but crying babies! I love you all!! Can't wait to see you in November!!!

P.S. Grandma, is it alright if Mark, my roommate came out to Utah with us????

5 comments:

slamiejade said...

awesome poem...did you make that up on the spot?

Anonymous said...

Sam--you are somethin'else! You are very talented. I love you.

Thanks,
Sister Sara

Sladesnews said...

Gr:
Sam, that was wonderful. Thank you for sharing some of yourself with us. You are like Shakespeare, Browning, Frost, Shelley, all rolled up in one.
You need to have a talk with Morgs because he doesn't think he could write a poem, (says he's just a football player) but we know he could!
Right, Morgy?

Of course Mark could come.

How many babies were in that massive stroller? we love you, Gr & Gr

Bethanie said...

LOOOOOVE it!

Anonymous said...

Man I am a lucky sister!