Sladesnews
Well my husband is going to try and help me download a couple of pictures from our camera onto this blog so I can finally start doing that! Yesterday we drove to "Apple-Hill" in Placerville (Just below Lake Tahoe mountains for you Utah natives). We had a blast! The weather was beautiful! Sunny and a nice cool 70 degrees! I picked out the world's most perfect pumpkin and I rolled around in the pumpkin patch( Dan got pictures) I also enjoyed a great BIG caramel-fudge-dipped candied-apple (Sorry Anunte-Jenne!) Then Dan and I had terrific tri-tip sandwhiches and shared an apple-milkshake covered in whole-whipped cream! YYYUUUMMM!! I was in taste-bud heaven all day in the beautiful California mountains! I love this time of year!
However all you anti-high-fructose-syrup people. I will have you know that despite the fun, my stomache and head hurt today , and I feel sluggish! Truly a punishment for indulging outside of my usual whole-frain and vegetable ways of eating. Begh. Now I suffer! BUT IT WAS WORTH IT!! hehe
Perros April 18, 2016
10 years ago
7 comments:
See, my theory about the whole "high-fructose-corn-syrup" thing is that you need to build up a tolerance to it. That way, you don't feel so miserable the day after you go partying and someone spikes your granola with honey bunches of oats.
Yeah, i'd have to agree with taytoot. but hot diggity sara and hubby! i love you guys! you have to come up for thanksgiving OR ELSE!
Cambo
Buahaha, nice tay.
Good one Taylor -
Sara, don't feel so bad (except physically!)--last night I made caramel dipped apples then drizzled chocolate and chopped pecans on them. Pretty bad, huh? We were having guests over for Family night and so I thought I'd do something Fall-ish for our treat. Haven't done that for years and it took a while, but it was fun. Kenzie is on a no sugar thing, so she was good and didn't have one. Can't say that for myself, though. It is interesting to note how you feel afterwards, isn't it. Sounds like you had fun at Apple Hill. We used to go up there when we were little. Loved it--and I miss those California mountain valleys!
Love ya!
Auntie Jenne
Gr: The caramel on the apple and the apple milk shake probably did not have high fructose syrup in them..........we're jealous, used to love going up to Apple Hill!
Love, Gr & Gr
Gr& Gr: Okay, Daniel, this is your chance to show that you can blog a picture. We want to see Sara rolling around with the pumpkins.
My husband isn't able to figure out how to post pictures via our digital camera. He spent many frustrating hours and refused to ask for help (like, men refuse to ask for directions or whatever...?) So, I dunno what to do, and he was about to throw the computer out the window he was so frustrated...so, uh, I probably wont ask him to do it again. Maybe somehow I can slyly figure it out ....hmmm
Post a Comment