Saturday, November 11, 2006

Sladesnews

Jo on Thanksgiving:

Here's what we've got: 33 people (more or less), 5 miscellaneous-sized tables, buffet serving, paper plates, but goblet glasses, plenty of chairs. Food's all planned: pies are bought and/or ordered, Jen's in charge of a couple kinds of frozen vegis (and your cranberry stuff if you want), Jo's in charge of mashed potatoes, Kari - yams, Beth - keep kids occupied and happy, Mel - help Mom in kitchen. How's that sound? I'm starting to starve up for the Big Meal!

14 comments:

Jayne said...

Starting to starve up?! Are you crazy Mother? Starving up for me means going 3 hours without food - TOPS!

Anonymous said...

sounds schhhgreat!

Just Jenne said...

Yummmmm! Anyone have any preferences for veggies? I think peas are a must. Corn, too? Let me know, y'all.

Anonymous said...

peas and corn are not my fav--but who cares? I probabaly wont be there! : ((( sad

Bethanie said...

I like fresh (not frozen, not canned, not casseroled) steamed green beans and corn.

Sara, what are you two love-birds doing for Thanksgiving?

Anonymous said...

Uh-we are hanging out with my dad I guess, because he asked us, and he feels lonely-like his kids don't want to hang around him and I felt guilty....so there you have it. Plus my husband usuually has quite a few cliens that request him during the Thannksgiving Holiday. I'm quite emotional about all this actually.

Anonymous said...

Yes, fresh is best, maybe corn on the cob? yum.
Sara, don't worry, you and Danny can come next time and also you and Danny will be there in our hearts...we love you so much.

Camille said...

I have a BUNCH of corn on the cob that I put up myself, in my freezer. ????

Anonymous said...

Is this some kinda vegetarian thangsgiving? Tofu-Turkey....mmmm

Sladesnews said...

Gr/Gr: No, it's not a vegetarian meal. We have a Grumpa you know.
Don't get emotional, Sara, we'll call you and we'll come see you, and you know we love you. Love, Gr

Sladesnews said...

Gr/Gr: To Jayne, I haven't seen you go 3 hours for 2 years.

Anonymous said...

that's a weird comment "go 3 hours for 2 days"

Anonymous said...

i mean 'years'

Anonymous said...

OK Ma... :/