Monday, November 13, 2006

Scripture Chase for short ones

Okay, all you Slade shorties. Here's a great story in the N.T. about a short man who was so eager to see Jesus that he climbed a tree just to get a glimpse. I love this story! Let's see what we can learn from it.

Luke 19:1-9

I want commentary!

Auntie Jenne

6 comments:

slamiejade said...

That's awesome! yay for short people!!!

Anonymous said...

I haven't read the scripture yet... I will in a few minutes. But to me, it may represent that no matter what, this man HAD to see the Saviour, the Son of God. He knew it was Jesus, and being a shorty didn't stop him.
We may have a multitude of "shortcomings" in this life,but I know, with the humility that has been placed upon me so far, and with what I have learned,....that I would climb a tree or hike a mountain or,...whatever it takes to see him again. We can overcome our "shortcomings" to see the Son of God again. I'm so thankful for the atonement!
Well, I'll go read the scripture now. : )

Sladesnews said...

Gr: Sara, you're so wonderful.

Sladesnews said...

Gr/Gr: There's hope for all of us sinners, short or not!

Just Jenne said...

Sara, you're exactly right. He was so excited about Jesus that he was willing to be seen as a fool and climb a tree, robes and all. This man was a Publican (Jewish tax collector working for the Romans) and most likely despised by many, especially the Jewish Hierarchy like the scribes and Pharisees, Saducees, etc. On top of that, he was a "chief" Publican, so he was probably not young! Christ found his humility and open-mind so refreshing that He told him he would dine with him that day. Zacchaeus was his name. From that day on Zacchaeus changed his life and chose to follow Jesus. Christ announced to the hypocritical Pharisees that Zacchaeus was also a "son of Abraham"--basically telling these leaders that he, a Publican, would also be accepted into His family because of his righteous heart. The Jewish Hierarchy seemed to think that they had exclusive rights to that honor! I just love this little story of a little man named Zach!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I read it and loved it-actually kept reading until I came upon some scripture that was saying Christ's Atonement is Infinite! I just love that!