Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Trip Revisited






Hey Flam--OK, so we didn't make it to Utah. Here's the scoop: Friday we packed up and I cleaned the house like a crazy woman to leave it spotless for Paul's brother Blair, Rebecca, and Lindsey, who were coming on Saturday. By 2:00 pm we were in the car, buckled up, prayer said, and as we were pulling out of the garage, Max said, "Mom, I've got a bad feeling about this." Hmmm. "Well, let's pick up a sandwich and Dad, 'cuz we're going to Utah!" was my response. We did just that, and after 50 miles in almost 3 hours, we figured we better pull off and see if the traffic was going to clear up after a while. We stopped and played at an outdoor crazy mall in Rancho Cucamonga, then had dinner, then got back on I-15 around 8:00 pm, and there was absolutely no movement of cars. Then we all confessed to each other about the wierd feelings we'd had about going, so at 9:00 pm we turned around and went home. We were all in bed at 10:00 pm, saying we'd check the freeway situation in the morning. So by morning, Lily woke up sick and throwing up (and the freeway was still jammed--some fire or something had closed it down). She may have had food poisoning or the flu, we don't know, but she "lost it" about 6 times in 4 hours, then fell asleep after 12:00 noon. When she woke up at 4:00 she said, "I feel better!" And she was. So we unpacked, I went grocery shopping, Paul ran to Home Depot to buy a barbeque, then we welcomed our guests that evening. We WILL plan another trip, because both Max and Lily (and Paul and I too, of course) cried when they realized they weren't going to see their Utah cousins. What else is going on up there? When should we come? We really have no schedule, so we can come anytime! So here are a couple of pictures from our 4th of July festivities. We went to the waterpark, the beach, took Blair and Rebecca out to a fancy restaurant for Blair's birthday. . . Lily danced up a storm with her glow necklace at the park last night. Oh, and I think I broke my toe yesterday doing an inflatable obstacle course with Max at the park. Ow. Anyway, we love and miss you all! This blog (and the commentaries) absolutely crack me up!

4 comments:

Jayne said...

What a saga! Bethanie we missed you and your cute kiddles so much, but I'm glad that everything's good and safe. The rest of the summer is pretty chill around here for us until my Flammy comes home, which is certainly something I am looking forward to. As in counting the days. As in 42 days to go:) So if you want to come then that would be sweet!

It's Taylor, folks! said...

morgs, you are crazy.

slamiejade said...

why the heck would you be on at 1:26 in the morning morgs! crazy kid

Camille said...

Beth, i decided that in the picture of you guys watching fireworks, you are doing "scratchy scratchy scratchy bum" on Lily:D love you guys!