Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Molano

Happy Pioneer day one day late. I am really busy on Mondays. The air conditioning wasn't working in my class last night. It was pretty miserable so by 8:30-our teacher let us go home (instead of 9:30). I woke up this morning at 5:30 and I couldn't get back to sleep because my brain wouldn't let me. I'm always waking up with the sun. It was that way as a child and still is. Unfortunately I can't always go to sleep with the sun...
Austin, congratulations on your righteous choices, it will only bring you happiness.
Sara, and Tom, you were great in the show. I hope we can get copies out to people. Don't ever stop.
Sam and Joey went out last night, it's six a.m and Joey isn't here. I hope he spent the night with Sam. I'm so proud of these brothers that get a long so well and have fun together. Sara's one of them too. The big brother. ha ha Sara, you are the most wonderful sister they could have.
It's been so hot here. Some people are with out airconditioning and are really suffering. I'm running mine day and night. I'm so thankful for it. It has been over 100 degrees for a record breaking number of days in a row. There's no end in sight until this weekend. When we lived on 60th street, we had no air, how did we do it? I remember being in the pool on a constant basis, but mom, you must have been hot! It has been over 110 for about a week! The pioneers didn't have air conditioning, ever. Maybe that's why they built beautiful brick homes with basements. That helped to keep them cool. Many of them lived for us and I am so thankful for them. They are a great example of enduring to the end. I just got released from primary and called as a RS teacher, third Sunday. It's more challenging to teach adults than it is kids; you can't just throw them some paper and crayons and talk about their friends! I look forward to it though.
I am busy with school classes and I'm working a little bit at Beverly's until Joe's school starts where I will work in the office again.
I'm not sure when we can get there. Jed said if I wasn't going to drive there, he was going to fly himself! We'll see. I'm thinking Thanksgiving for sure. I love you, Mel

8 comments:

Sladesnews said...

From Gr & Gr: Fun hearing from you, Mel, everytime we've tried to call you lately you're not home (strange).
We're hoping to hear from Joe and Jake one of these days......they have such cute personalities, and we want to hear what they are thinking in their brains these days.
We've been hearing on the news about the heat there lately...(We've had some heat here too).that's one thing we don't miss about California, but there are other things we do miss.
KEEP HANGING ON TO THE IRON ROD, EVERYBODY!! We love you!! Gr&Gr

Anonymous said...

That's great to hear you may be coming for Thanksgiving, Aunt Melanie! It will be great to see you guys.

slamiejade said...

Hold Tight Knuckle White!
hehe

It's Taylor, folks! said...

jamie, go lick a pigeon. that was brother Hutchins' thing, and when my little sister says it, it really creeps the garbage out of me. shudder.

It's Taylor, folks! said...

if you mean the "hold tight" thing, maybe, but the pigeon thing is a long story. you'll probably never hear it from anyone but me and cami. haha.

slamiejade said...

Tay, you creep me out! shudder.

Anonymous said...

You kids are SO funny

Sladesnews said...

Gr&Gr: Morgs, GO TO BED!