Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sladesnews

It's been a busy week and a half since we went to Hawaii to witness the lovely wedding of Sara and Daniel. They both glowed in love and I am proud of them for their commitment to eachother and for wanting to be together. The weather was perfect (the next day it rained all day). All of you who came were so wonderful to spend the money and take the time to do so. The beach was a few miles around Diamond Head and was at a nice park and resort area. Then we went to a nice dinner at an Italian restaurant were we sang and heard poetry from Tom.Waikiki was pretty interesting. It was like walking in downtown L.A. with all the shopping mecca. But then you just turn and walk over to the beach. Many people there and not very tropical. It was very beautiful though and people were generally nice. We took a drive east and north to the other side of the Island (Oahu) were the tropics were intoxicating and the beach sand as fine as snow. Sam and Mac and Joe and Jake did some snorkeling, I chickened out. Then we drove up to the temple and saw its beauty. Then we took in a show at the polynesian cultural center. Now that was great. I wish everyone had gone. On other days, Sam and Mac and Tom rented scooters and scooted around the Island. the three J's went to the beach a lot and ate at the local Burger King or MacDonalds. Dad and Mom treated Beth and I to some yummy seafood buffets and Japanese breakfast buffet. Thank you Dad, you're awesome. I was so glad they came as it gave me someone to hang with. We shopped and had fun. I love you so much.I've started my new job at the Roseville downtown library and I love it. I am busy winding up a class about American images in Art and I have to write a paper each week for that. I start a new class on World Religions in a couple of weeks. I have school through the summer and a big load in the fall in order to finnish my degree by Dec. I'm not sure I'll make it to Utah this summer. Maybe for thanksgiving... Love you all, Mel

No comments: