Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Roll Out The Red Carpet

I have blogged today to confirm that yes, I have indeed been accepted to SUU, and recieved a scholarship that will pay for four years of tuition. I'm also applying for the honors program down there that will pay for most of my housing and food. I want a car so I won't be a loser, though.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Taylor! That truly is something to be proud of! I'm in awe! Good work!!! You deserve it!

Jayne said...

Holy Guacamole, Taylor Slade! A 4 year stinkin-scholarship-izzle!

It's Taylor, folks! said...

Nice try Jane, but I don't think you will ever be straight up gangsta like myself. The proper term is "scholarshizzle." It just rolls off of the tongue better. jk, but I thank you!

Sladesnews said...

Gr/Gr: Cmon, scholarhip-izzle,
scholarshizzle, what's the diff?
You're a Chemistry major, not
English...right?

Sladesnews said...

Gr/Gr p.s.: It's "received," not recieved. Come to think of it, maybe you'd better major in English. By the way, will you have a laptop in Cedar City so you can continue to cheer us with your blogs?

Just Jenne said...

Wow, Tay! I remember talking to your mom a year ago or so and telling her that I wish we had been more aware of what to do to get scholarships for our kids. Way to go you guys (Mom & Dad too, you know). You've done it with your first! Taylor, was it good grades, talents, athletics, or all of the above? Let us know how you did it. You are amazing!

Jenne

It's Taylor, folks! said...

oh ya I before E except after C. It's been a while since I took an English class. ha haha. Actually I didn't really excell in academics, nor did I play sports (I abhor the jock-type people. Motocross is so much cooler anyway.) I did participate in a talent show last year, but I don't think that would have helped me in any way. Just trust me on that one. I think it's just because I got a 31 on the ACTizzle. Big tests have always been my strong point.

Anonymous said...

Cool Taylor! You are such a good example to your sibs and cousins!

Camille said...

Wow, Tay! Good job. You will love SUU. Will you go Fall semester? How does the mission fit in? I have a good friend who lives in Cedar City and works at SUU, so if you need a connection for anything, let me know. (Aunt Jo)