SladesnewsHi my family
I'm not sure what I'm doing but this is so much fun. I hope I can get to this more often. My issue right now is how to get a picture on here. We are busy as usual. Sara, Tom, and I are going to be in the Broadway at Sierra production in July at Sierra College. We had our first rehearsal yesterday. We are all looking forward to it. It seems to feed our psyche. Sara and Tom have solos. I am in the chorus and a couple of group songs.
The boys went to Camp Far west yesterday and fri to a Camp o ree. I just finnished my phylisophy class and am starting a new one tomorrow. I am also finnishing up my art class and my on line library science class. I got hired by the Roseville Library as a Library assistant. It is just part time and has no benefits but is a step toward a position like that. At least it pays more than I have been making but the hours are less so it ends up I won't be making any more money but spending less time doing it. whew! We are all looking forward to Hawaii and this summer. We have had so much rain and many cool days this spring. Today it was cool and rainy again. We hope it isn't rainy in Hawaii.
Today was our stake conf. Edler Perry was there. It was great. His son is our mission president. He spoke too. Sam's employment has changed around a little. Tom is still at Changs, Sara's boss has let her have some time off to prepare for her wedding and Jed works at Papa Murphy's in Lincoln. He has been really good at saving his money. Jake and Joe are doing well in school. I am barely making it and thankful to be doing so. I went to a singles activity in Sac last weekend. It was a conference and a dance. It cracks me up. The dances are the same as they were 30 years ago except we are all fatter and balder. I just had to laugh at the whole experience. It was weird and so were all those singles (oh wait, I'm one of them, ha ha) Hey I love all of you and miss you, Mel
Perros April 18, 2016
10 years ago
2 comments:
Isn't MelBell the coolest? I'm so happy you are working in a library. I was just thinking this morning about libraries and really appreciating the free-loan library system in good ol' America. They don't have that here and I really miss being able to go in a clean, quiet place and find a book on just about anything we are wishing to learn about. Yep, libraries are GREAT! Love ya, Jo
hi everyone.
Post a Comment