Monday, August 24, 2009

A Smattering of Slade's

Swimming at Grandma Gwen's! There was a variety of Slades in the area on Saturday, so we met at the pool for some good times.
Warning: These photos are not in order. I have two ankle biters running around and no longer maintain the brain capacity to organize them appropriately. Thus endeth my lazy reasoning.
The party started off with Cami diving off the diving board into this red tube and getting stuck halfway!
She hired Tess and Hanna to extricate her, but to no avail. She was in that tube for a good long while.
Jonah thought it was hilarious.
This was after we ate (and ate and ate) - we all had to veg for a while. The sleeping dark haired guy up there is Matt, Chris Winnie's son.
I told you this was a mix of people!
Sara was telling a great story, apparently!
Hello Sara! Yes, I did just take a picture of you. You're looking lovely today.
This is Chuck participating in our diving contest. Judge his angle carefully and guess what happened:)
This was the neatest afternoon! Such an odd mix of Slades. (Is there such thing as a normal mix of Slades?) It was like we were the little kids again (instead of the adults that we're attempting to be) - reminiscing about Gr&Gr's California house and other memories.
These little next-generation-of-cousins provided the evening's entertainment:)

9 comments:

Mac said...

MUAHAHHAHA, that last pic is the best thing I've seen all day. I sure miss those summer days at Gramma's. :(

molano said...

Yay Sara! Joey says you look pretty. Where's your swimsuit huh?

Gr. Nette said...

Your "lazy reasoning" is okay with us, Jayne. You're so great at sharing stuff. That pool has been a wonderful boon to the Christensen family (and Slades) and Gr. Gwen's ward, etc., etc.
Does everyone know that Layne built that pool when he returned home from his mission? I'm thinking that's why Jo married him.
(har)
For some reason the picture of Jonah reminded me of Grandpa Moyle (Christensen)...don't know why.
(I tried to get Sara to bring her
swimsuit but she wouldn't.)
It was so fun having some Steinagels around for a couple days!
Love you all, Gr N

Paul-Kari said...

Looks like everyone had so much fun... we were in Park City & Jordanelle triathlon or FOR SURE we would have been there! Great pics!

Anonymous said...

haha that was an awesome mix of slades! all you were missing were some actual slades, and maybe a steinagel or two (now that mackenzie is a nelson)

Jayne said...

Ha! That's exactly what I was thinking when I wrote this post. There wasn't anyone there by the actual name of Slade (except my Mom's middle name, I guess) but we're all Slades in our hearts (get it? Through blood? In our hearts? HA!)
Just like I'm not a Christensen any more but I'm definitely still a Christensen.
Something like that.

Bethanie said...

Aw, so fun! Cute belly, Mackenzie! Can't wait to see more. And, no, I can't tell what happened to Chuck's ankle. Wish we were there! (I feel like I'm saying that a lot lately . . . .). Love you all!

Jayne said...

angle, Bach:)

Just Jenne said...

That Chuck picture made my day! Hahahaha. And those little munchkins look like little Jayne and Tess clones, oh my goodness. So cute and funny. I'm so glad you posted these!