Monday, September 15, 2008

Congratulations, Camille!

Gr/Gr:
We want to congratulate Cami on her biking achievement Saturday on the new
Legacy Highway (between Ogden and Salt Lake).
You received First Place for something?
And we heard that C.J. did pretty fine also!
Unfortunately, we don't have the details. I was informed of it in Relief Society
yesterday. So, Cami, please fill us in (now that everyone's curious).

Also unfortunately, I thought I had this "google account" thing all figured out,
but still have to enter this blog with Jayne's Username and Password. Help!
It's just not fun to type in "IloveCaleb" all the time. However, we do love him.
Gr/Gr

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Caleb...

Camille said...

Haha jake, you're gross. The whole details are just this: I was up against 3 other 14-19 year old girls. I beat them. Not a hard thing to do, considering i was the only one trying, and i was the only one on a road bike!! I came in 224th over all, (out of 888 bikers of all shapes and sizes) and CJ came in 162, which is AWESOME!!! He was even on his mountain bike, which must have been a bummer cuz we were on a flat paved road for 20 miles. But it was a blast!
Cam

Jayne said...

I thought you beat 7 others? Cam you are being modest (and that's rare) YOU DID AWESOME!! She called me right after and was hyperventilating with glee!

Taylor and Mackenzie Nelson said...

Oh so exciting!!!

Anonymous said...

I am not gross! >:(

And how long was this race thingy?
How long does it take to ride 20 miles?

Anonymous said...

Sara says:

I love Caleb too, almost as much as I love Jayne!! haha! Oh, by the way, Congrats Cami and C.J.! Such amazing kids you all are!

Mac said...

I wish I had a road bike. Although that would mean needing bike shorts. Hmmmmm. I'm not sure how I feel about that. I just got a spoke wrench, so hopefully I can straiten my mountain bike's wheel and not make it worse! Woo! Good job kids! Watch out for mice on the trail, hehehe.

Anonymous said...

Gr/Gr: I don't get it. The mice on the trail part that is.

Anonymous said...

Maybe mice are super mechanics who, after recieving physical abuse from the tires of your bike, will get angry and disassemble the dangerously spinning wheels before you yourself even hit the ground...

That or its just really gross to see a mouse explode under the pressure of your bike's tires......

Mac said...

One time Jayne was in a Mountain Bike Race, and she thought she ran over a mouse and I can't remember what she did about it, but I had to laugh!

Anonymous said...

I killed a mouse with my bb gun, and another time me and slade were feeding jack and a mouse jumped out of the dog food bag and almost gave slade a heart attack... then I almost had a heart attack of laughing so hard cause of slades reaction.
-morg

Anonymous said...

What a wierd family. Jayne did run over a mouse once, bump, bump. And I think Hanna or Cami ran over a snake the other day on a family night bike ride. and you guys should see the spider chuck caught in their basement. Maybe we can post a picture. We love animals in our family - even the box elder bugs who are invading our log home again -- WAR!!!

Anonymous said...

Gr/Gr: Who was that anon? C.J.?
Never mind posting the picture of the spider from Chuck's basement. I don't think we want to go through another Taylor-type arachniphobic experience from Florida!

To Jake: You really should become an author, you have such an imagination and your descriptions are so.... well, so descriptive!

BTW, speaking of the Floridian, where are lately, Taysizzle? We would love to hear any experiences you might be having......but we know you're busy and we know your're loving the work, love.

Anonymous said...

Haha...I expected Gr/Gr to say "Vivid".
And thanks G-ma, but Im not very passionate for writing...just good enough to get through the classes.
AH! It's getting late on this fine Sunday evening and speaking of Egnlish class I have homework to do (Slacker Extremist).
Oh, and I didn't quite expect that my guess about running over mice was actually accurate. Weird.

Anonymous said...

Jayne was in her one and only mountain bike race a few years back and she ran over a mouse with her front tire, and being in the fragile state that she was in she got off her bike, sat down and started crying! hahaha I love you Jayne

Jayne said...

Let's just go ahead and assume that that last anonymous was Tess, since she never misses a chance to degrade me. Yes I did run over a mouse on my Mountain Bike, and yes it was sad and while I didn't cry about it, I DID go back to make sure that it was dead, because who wants something to suffer, even if it is a disease infected rodent? And yes, it was definitely dead. Judging by the splattering of mouse parts, there was no way it could possible be alive. I think it must have died quickly too, which is also good. Thank goodness Tess was there cheering me on at the end of my race! She helped me through the trauma:)

Siege eh said...

Hey wow I didn't know this topic was on here! so for a little more detailing on "the race" I got 11th in my division out of twenty four 20-24 year-olds, with a finishing time of 1:02.34. And Cami's time was 1:06.31. so that answers Jake's question of a while back.

And the trick to Bike shorts Mac is to get some really cool normalish shorts (plaid for instance)to wear over them! that way it's not so 'barrasing

Anonymous said...

I just ride naked

-of course morg

Anonymous said...

Sara says:

Morgs...you are an interesting sort of guy, aren't you?