Sunday, May 11, 2008

To our Mother.......Happy Mother's Day!!

Thank you for homemade bread

matching dresses

and pin-curls

Thank you for encouraging words

a quiet voice

and the funny book

Thank you for tolerating

my stubborness

and letting me go....

Thank you for reading to me and

singing lullaby's

while rocking the baby

Thank you for San Francisco

and carrying our babydolls when we

got tired

Thank you for putting aside some

dreams of art and travel

to raise me

Thank you for your example

for teaching me to

Love the Lord

Thank you, Mom
I love you, Mel

4 comments:

Just Jenne said...

Melanie, you made me cry. That was beautiful. You're amazing!! Loved your pictures at the shower--you look so good in that periwinkle! Thanks for being there for Kenz.

molano said...

I loved being there! Kenz seems so happy. It was wonderful to see Tammy and her sisters too....love you!

Anonymous said...

Wow........what a neat Mother's Day Gift, thank you so much, I love you, Mel. Mom

Bethanie said...

Mel, thanks for expressing it better than any of us did! You're so talented. And thank you Mom, for all of the above and more. I love you!