Well folks, I'm officially tired and burned out:) I work as a ski instructor at Wolf Mountain (formerly Nordic Valley ski resort) and I have worked every day for a whole week. Yesterday I had a group of 7 skiers under the age of 6 that had never skied before. Wow. Did that burn me out or what. During this holiday season, our ski school teaches more that 60 children a day how to ski (somewhat safely) down the mountain. But keep in mind, not all of the students are children. About three days ago I had a group of 3 women, all over the age of 65, that hadn't skied since the 40's. I wish I had a camera to take a picture of the looks they had on their faces when I told them that yes, I was 16, and yes, I was going to (attempt to)teach them how to ski. HA!
Anyway... I need to go take a long hot bath and hope that in a few hours my toes will start to thaw, although I doubt it will happen in this lifetime. Being outside for an average of 7 hours a day in 5 degree blizzards is soooooo fun, you just have no idea. Well, I'll quit my whining and let you get back to life:) Ciao!
-Camillio
Perros April 18, 2016
10 years ago
7 comments:
Cami...I like you! You are a funny girl. Kinda dramatic.. I like it!!!
Good luck in that COLD!!! That must be rough....and kids, I KNOW!!! Exhausting to work with kids, eh? Get some rest, Beautiful
Sara
I was about to say...HOW CAN YOU STAND ALL THAT? But, I have only ever snowboarded once...so it definately seems crazy to me. And also, I think you have a little less schoolwork to worry about. I already have my entire senior year's class schedule decided.
Here's what Im planning on...
-Drafting 2
-Drafting 3
-Government/Economics (Req. History)
-English 12 (Req. English)
-AP Calculus (Full Year Course)
...and I have 2 free spots, which means I can either take a period off each semester or take Culinary and Auto Tech 2 if I want to.
But that's next year, after Summer.
I still need to get a job...but I've got that down, I'm going to find one after this rediculously long break, and that's coming from me, who hasn't had much to do over this break.
wow, nice planning ahead!you've got it together!
hm...ridiculously long, eh? I'd say ridiculously short! how long is your break jake?
Cami would you like some whine with your cheese? Do you need me call the whaambulance? Shall I call whine-1-1?
Just kidding, we love you:)
Wow, Jake, you certainly have your head on straight...way to focus!
Culinary sounds fun, Auto Tech sounds difficult. But if you're working part-time by then, you might need a break.
We'll see you soon (sorry you might have to give up your bed. Or maybe Joey will have to give up his.) Love, Gr/Gr
Are you guys going to Calif? For birthdays?
Poor Cam.
Post a Comment